The BioSure HIV Self Test is very simple to perform and requires just a tiny drop of blood.
You can test wherever and whenever is convenient for you and get your easy to read result in just 15 minutes.
HIV is a treatable condition, once you know your status. With correct and early treatment you can pretect your own and your partner's health.
The BioSURE HIV Self TEst was the first approved CE marked product and has an inbuilt sample control line so you can be confident in your result.
- Remove the buffer pot from the end of the test device.
- Place it in the hole in the tray
- Now take the safety Lancet and remove the cap.
- Place the red pad against the side of your finger.
- Press down until your hear a click.
- The lancet will only make a tiny cut in your skin, you may need to squeeze your finger gently to produce a round drop of blood.
- Simply touch the tip of your test device into the drop of blood it will automatically collect the right amount.
- Now push the tip of your test device firmly through the foil on the top of the buffer pot.
- Pushing down hard until you cannot push any further.
- Star your timer for 15 minutes.
- This test will need 15 minutes.
- After about 3 minutes, check to make sure your test is running.
- 1 line, your test result is negative.
- 2 lines, your test result is positive.
- No lines, your test result did not work.
- The test will only work correctly when used with a sample of your blood.
- This test may not detect the most recent HIV infections. You can test from 4 weeks after your possible exposure, but if your test result is negative, you should use caution and test again 12 weeks after your possible exposure.
- If you make lifestyle choices that could put you at risk of HIV infection, it is recommended you test every three months.
- This test is not suitable if you are receiving any form of antiretroviral treatment for HIV or if you have been part of an HIV vaccine trial.
The test should be stored, unopened, at between 8 and 30°C
For each box:
- BioSURE HIV Self Test x1
- Safety Lancet x1
- Plaster x1
- Desiccant x1
- Instructions for Use x1
- Product Insert x1
- Opaque plastic disposal bag x1