BIOSYNEX Urinary tract infections rapid test (3 tests)
- Accuracy up to 97.3% (depends on different parameters)
- High degree of privacy and no more embarrassed
- Results in 1-2 minutes
- Easy to read with color scale printed on the packaging
- CE marking (CE0123)
- Made in France, quality guaranteed
Purchase Exceed $300 EnjoyFree ShippingGo Store
Urinary Tract Infection
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is a common condition, which includes urethritis (infection of the urethra), it is characterised by obvious symptoms and possible recurrence. If not being treated properly, UTI may lead to serious consequences.
- Frequent urination - urinate frequently with only a small amount of urine passed each time
- Pain or burning sensation when urinating
- Urine is cloudy and may even contain blood
- Lower abdominal pain (near the pubic bone), indicating bladder infection
- Fever, lower back pain, nausea and vomiting may indicate possible kidney infection
Why women are more vulnerable to UTI?
Compared with men, women are more vulnerable to UTI. It is mainly due to the differences in their biological structures,
- Length of urethra
Men's urethra is about 15 cm long, and women's is only 5 cm. Thus, bacteria can reach the bladder more easily and then reflux towards the kidneys.
- Stimulation by sexual intercourse
Penetration of the penis not only stimulates the genitals but also brings bacteria from the vulva into the female urethra.
- Opening of urethra
Men's urethral opening locates at the tip of the penis, and women's is at the vulva adjoining the vaginal opening and is also close to the anus and enclosed by the labia majora and minora. If the vulva is unclean or if wiping is made from the anus to the vulva (back to front) after using the toilet, the urethra is susceptible to infection by bacteria at the vulva, vagina or anus.
Periods prone to infection
Pregnancy: the uterus enlarges and presses the bladder, making the latter unable to empty completely
Menopause: weakening of immunity.
- Strips x 3
- Colour scale
- Diagram of the procedure for use x 3
Principles and Limitations
This test strips may be affected by the absorption of substance that colors the urine. In this way, the colors of the reagent zones can be hidden or modified, causing false results.
The determination of leukocytes, or white blood cells, is based on the detection of the specific enzymes of these cells. These cells are present when inflammation is caused by an infection. The color of the reactive zone varies from pink to purple, if there is an infection. High protein concentration (> 500mg / dL), high glucose concentration (> 2g / dL) or high concentration antibiotics can give false results.
Produced by the bacteria involved in most urinary tract infections (enterobacteria). A urinary tract infection with one of these bacteria causes the reactive area to turn pink. Fasting, a vegetable-free diet, or taking phenazopyridine-containing medicine may give false results.
The proteins present in the urine can give false positive results for the LEUCOCYTES parameter. In the presence of protein in the urine, the reactive zone changes color of the yellow to green, even blue.
In the presence of blood, the corresponding reactive zone turns from orange to green, even to dark blue. Blood in the urine is a criterion for severity. If the result is positive, consult your doctor. Women during menstruation often show positive results.
- Remove the strip from the aluminium pouch just before use. Do not touch the reagent areas
- Let your urine flow for 1-2 seconds, then hold the strip in a way so as to place the reagent zones under the urine stream for 1 to 2 seconds. Ensure that all reagent zones have been well soaked in urine
N.B.: if you prefer, you can urinate in a clean and dry container. In such cases, dip the strip’s reagent zones in the urine and immediately remove the strip from the urine to avoid dissolving the reagents. When removing the strip from the urine, slide the edge of the strip against the edges of the urine container to remove any excess urine.
- Hold the strip horizontally and place it on an absorbent fabric (e.g. a paper towel) to avoid mixing the chemicals of adjacent reagent zones and/or getting urine on your hands
- Compare the reagent zones with the relevant colour blocks on the colour scale. Hold the strip close to the colour blocks and compare carefully
*Chinese version for reference only, if there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the original version and the Chinese version, the original version shall prevail.
Please read the directions for use carefully before performing the test.
- Intended for self-diagnosis.
- Urine test only; not to be used as a blood test.
- Do not use the test beyond the expiry date.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- For in vitro diagnostic use only; not for internal use.
- Once used, the test should be discarded according to local regulations.
Store in a dry place at a temperature between 2°C and 30°C. Do not freeze.
- Items sold are non-refundable.
- The quality assurance for products should have at least 9 months validity from the date of receipt by the customer.
- The products are supplied by Intuitive Technology Limited.
- If in case of any dispute, Intuitive Technology Limited and Health.ESDlife reserve the right of final decision.
- Free local delivery service will be provided upon transaction amount of HK$300. For spending less than HKD$300, HKD$50 delivery fee will be charged.
- We will arrange the shipment within 3 working days after the order is confirmed.
- Please note that the delivery time will be affected by statutory holidays, natural disasters, traffic or the weather.
- All order confirmations are subject to stock availability. In the event of the unavailability of the requested products, health.ESDlife has the right to reject the order and notify customers by phone or email before delivery for rearrangements.
- Customers are responsible to check the condition of goods received at the time of delivery. Once confirmed, no replacement is accepted.
- Products shall be kept in the original package with good conditions for return or exchange. Products that has been worn, used, or altered will not be accepted for return or exchange.
- If any other defective or missing item is found, customers are required to keep the original receipt and contact Intuitive Technology Limited Customer Service Department via the below channels within 3 days from the date of delivery.