Country of Origin
Ethiopia (Producer: OROMIA Coffee Farmers Cooperative Union)
Organic arabica coffee from Ethiopia, the cradle of all coffees. Ethiopian Yirgacheffe is the world famous specialty coffee. Soft coffee with a fruity aftertaste.
Medium, filter, ground coffee
EU organic-guarantee label
Suitable for vegetarians
About the producer
Oromia Coffee Farmers’ Co-operative Union (OCFCU) was founded in 1999 by 35 small certified organic cooperatives. OCFCU is the umbrella organization of 115 cooperatives in Oromia, the largest province of Ethiopia, where 60% of the coffee in the country is produced. Ethiopia is the birthplace of coffee and yet the fourth poorest country in the world. All OCFCU members are indigenous farmers or small local producers, with farmland of an average size of 0.5 to 2 hectares. Most of the farmland locates in mountainous, rainforest areas at altitudes of 1,500 to 2,000 metres where electricity and running water are rarely supplied.
OCFCU aims at helping local producers to be self-sustainable through improving the quality, productivity and sustainability of Ethiopian coffee. This is achieved through boosting the sales and promoting the reputation of Ethiopian coffee. OCFCU gives the farmers fair price that 70% of profits as a kind of dividend return to the cooperatives and the farmers. With improved income and funding from Fair Trade premiums, four health clinics, two clean water pumps were constructed; five primary schools were built to help children to receive education so as to fight against poverty. Moreover, local farmers have used the extra income to build or repair houses and purchase livestock.
1. Items sold are non-refundable.
2. The products are supplied by FAIR CIRCLE @ Hong Kong Fair Trade Power Limited
3. If in case of any dispute, FAIR CIRCLE @ Hong Kong Fair Trade Power Limited and health.ESDlife reserve the right of final decision.
- Free local delivery service will be provided upon transaction amount of FAIR CIRCLE products of HK$600. For spending less than HKD$600, HKD$50 delivery fee will be charged.
- We will arrange the shipment within 4 working days after the order is confirmed.
- Please note that the delivery time will be affected by statutory holidays, natural disasters, traffic or the weather.
- All order confirmations are subject to stock availability. In the event of the unavailability of the requested products, health.ESDlife has the right to reject the order and notify customers by phone or email before delivery for rearrangements.
- The quality assurance for products should have at least 3 months validity from the date of receipt by the customer.
- Customers are responsible to check the condition of goods received at the time of delivery. Once confirmed, no replacement is accepted.
- Products shall be kept in the original package with good conditions for return or exchange. Products that has been worn, used, or altered will not be accepted for return or exchange.
- If any other defective or missing item is found, customers are required to keep the original receipt and contact health.ESDlife Customer Service Department via the below channels within 3 days from the date of delivery.
Email: email@example.com / ESDlife customer service hotline: (852) 3151-2288