Country of Origin
Sri Lanka (Producer: BIO FOODS (Pvt) Ltd (Fair Trade tea))
Orgainc black, made from the top two young leaves of the tea plant and packed in string and tag tea bags. Packed locally.
EU organic-guarantee label
Suitable for vegetarians
About the producer
Bio Foods (Pvt) Ltd was incorporated in 1993 as a devoted organic and Fair Trade Company to export different varieties of organic food products. At the very beginning (before 2000), local farmers in Kandy were scattered and vulnerable to exploitation as they were selling unprocessed green leaf which were purchased by some companies at low prices.
Through organizing local producers, providing agriculture training to boost yield and quality, purchase can be ensured and farmers can increase their income. They can also build a tea-and-herb processing plant. Bio Foods helps create more added values to the tea products and create more jobs in the region.
The social development project initiated by Bio Foods creating The Small Organic Farmers’ Association (SOFA), a dedicated organic farmer group who produces organic spice & tea under Fair Trade concept. Bio Foods has been receiving support from SOFA and Fair Trade Premium in the aspects of funding, projecting and technology. Through Fair Trade, the nearby villagers also benefit from the social activities like drinking water supply projects, community centers and education support programs for children. Also, as a Fair Trade association, SOFA adopts democratic principles, to have annual election by the members and a majority consensus is required for decision making. Fair Trade not only allows farmers receiving more income, but also improves their farming ability and self-authority. The whole community will become more self-sustainable in the future by the improvement of education level, environment and infrastructures.
1. Items sold are non-refundable.
2. The products are supplied by FAIR CIRCLE @ Hong Kong Fair Trade Power Limited
3. If in case of any dispute, FAIR CIRCLE @ Hong Kong Fair Trade Power Limited and health.ESDlife reserve the right of final decision.
- Free local delivery service will be provided upon transaction amount of FAIR CIRCLE products of HK$600. For spending less than HKD$600, HKD$60 delivery fee will be charged.
- We will arrange the shipment within 4 working days after the order is confirmed.
- Please note that the delivery time will be affected by statutory holidays, natural disasters, traffic or the weather.
- All order confirmations are subject to stock availability. In the event of the unavailability of the requested products, health.ESDlife has the right to reject the order and notify customers by phone or email before delivery for rearrangements.
- The quality assurance for products should have at least 3 months validity from the date of receipt by the customer.
- Customers are responsible to check the condition of goods received at the time of delivery. Once confirmed, no replacement is accepted.
- Products shall be kept in the original package with good conditions for return or exchange. Products that has been worn, used, or altered will not be accepted for return or exchange.
- If any other defective or missing item is found, customers are required to keep the original receipt and contact health.ESDlife Customer Service Department via the below channels within 3 days from the date of delivery.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / ESDlife customer service hotline: (852) 3151-2288