Swindon Pneumovax® 23 Vaccine (1 Dose)
High risk individuals 2 years of age or older
(Not suitable for non-high-risk individuals under 50 years old)
Who are the high risk groups?
History of invasive pneumococcal disease, cerebrospinal fluid leakage or cochlear implant;
- Chronic cardiovascular (except hypertension without complications), lung, liver or kidney diseases;
- Metabolic diseases including diabetes mellitus or obesity (Body Mass Index 30 or above);
- Immunocompromised states related to weakened immune system due to conditions such as asplenia, Human Immunodeficiency Virus infection/Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or cancer/steroid treatment; and
- Chronic neurological conditions that can compromise respiratory functions or the handling of respiratory secretions or increase the risk for aspiration, or those who lack the ability to take care of themselves.
- Doctor’s consultation prior to the 1st shot of vaccination
- Injection procedure is handled by Registered Doctor/medical professional
- Pneumovax 23 Vaccine (1 injection)
Administered a single dose to 2 years of age and older.
Pneumonia is the 2nd leading cause of death in HK. Streptococcus pneumoniae is one of the common bacteria causing pneumonia (lung infection) and serious diseases; for example, meningitis, otitis media, sepsis and even death.
According to the recommendations of the Hong Kong Centre for Health Protection: All aged 2 or above or high-risk elderly persons aged 65 or above should have pneumococcal vaccination, and high-risk individuals should be vaccinated with a 13-valent conjugate
-The vaccination injection process is handled by medical professional.
23vPPV and PCVs are safe and can prevent invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD). 23vPPV contains 11 additional serotypes and theoretically offers extra protection
*This transaction is subject to the assessment by doctor for the suitability of vaccine injection. If a patient is considered not suitable for the vaccine injection upon doctor’s consultation, the full amount will be refunded.
- Collection by yourself: go to the centre directly
Hotline: 3188 1722
- Telephone briefing report (self-collection report) ***