LeGENE Bladder Cancer Gene Screening (3 genes)
Recommended for 18 years old or above
People who care and seek for preemptive measures to improve their health
Key Checkup Items:
Cancer Gene ScreeningsHighlight
- Bladder Cancer
Cancers can be inherited in families. Genetic cancer screening tests assess hereditary risks for individual cancers, but do not detect current cancer development. Preemptive measures can be taken in case of elevated risks.
Cancers can be inherited in families. Genetic cancer screening tests assess hereditary risks for individual cancers using Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), but do not detect current cancer development. For other cancers, please contact us for more information.
Actions for increased cancer risks
- Preventive interventions, including dietary and life styles
- Medical interventions, especially intensive target health checks for organ(s) at risk, to detect any abnormality at an early stage
Complementary Genetic Counseling Services – once we know your genetic profile, we take care of your health, your concerns and your family. We help you make the right choices for your health and life.
Accreditation of American genetic testing centers
HGSA and ASGC qualified genetic counselors
LeGENE Personal Genetic Centre – Personal Genetic Tests
- LeGENE will contact the customer on the next working day after payment confirmed.
- The tests will be valid for 6 months starting from the date of payment.
- Amendment or cancellation is not allowed once the payment is confirmed, nor is it transferable or refundable.
- In case of disputes, the decision of health.ESDlife shall be final.
- All tests are not for the purpose of medical diagnosis or treatment.
- All test takers are eligible to one complimentary pre-test and one post-test genetic counseling/report interpretation session.
- Report will be ready around 10-12 weeks and interpreted by medical and genetic professionals.
- All health check/health screening services are not for the purpose of medical diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. When there is any sign of symptom/disease in your health, please consult Doctor immediately for diagnosis and treatment.
- The Merchant is the service provider of this Service/Product. ESD Services Limited (“Health.ESDlife”) is not the service provider of this Service/Product. Health.ESDlife is irresponsible to any loss, injury or law action caused by using this service/product. Any claims and inquiries should be addressed to the respective Merchant.
Q: What are genes and genetic tests?
A: Genes are the working subunit of DNA. They contain instructions passed on from parents to make molecules called proteins, which in turn determine certain physical and health characteristics of the offspring. Each human is estimated to have between 20,000 and 25,000 genes. Genetic testing uses laboratory methods to look at your genes. They may be used to identify increased risks of health problems, to choose treatments, or to assess responses to treatments.
Q: Why do I need a Personal Genetic Test in managing my health?
A: It is now known that almost every disease is influenced, caused, regulated, or modulated by our genes, as is our body’s responses to environmental factors such as diet, drugs, carcinogens, and others. LeGENE Personal Genetic Tests provide strikingly precise answers for many conditions that is otherwise almost impossible for you to know in advance.
Q: How is my DNA tested?
A: For most LeGENE Personal Genetic Tests, only your saliva or blood is required, and is very safe. We recommend the youngest age of saliva sampling to be 3 months old. After collection, your specimen will be shipped to one of the LeGENE exclusively contracted, US FDA-certified / Germany DAkkS-accredited genetic centers for testing.
Q: What can be done if I found out I have genetic risks of a disease, or even risk of a cancer?
A: LeGENE provides a Genetic Professionals-led comprehensive health maintenance and medical disease prevention programs – through our network of Medical Specialists, tailor-made body check portfolio, diet and lifestyle recommendations, together we steer towards a better health outcome based on your unique DNA.
Q: Who will benefit from a genetic test?
A: Every one of us should be benefited from knowing our own DNA. With human genetic knowledge, we can plan our lives and act not by chances but choices, before any potential mishap like cancer, hereditary diseases, or prenatal conditions impacts on our lives. Other DNA technologies like parentage testing or body trait also lead us to the truth that can’t be found anywhere else.
Q: Is testing of my DNA accurate?
A: DNA testing is a very complex science & technology. The accuracy of DNA tests can only be guaranteed in properly accredited genetic centers like US FDA, CLIA, or Germany National DAkkS-certified genetic laboratories.
Q: Why do genetic tests cost more than usual laboratory tests?
A: For ensuring a high standard of accuracy, the genetic laboratory environment is strictly under special control. The procedures are governed by genetic experts, and all equipment & reagents are specially developed. The use of the most updated human genetics databases are also essential elements for a valid gene test interpretation.