IMC Meningococcal Vaccine ACWY (1 dose) + Men B (2 dose) + Child Development Screening (Once)
Recommended for 2 months or above
Basic Health Assessment
- Pre-consultation by Paediatrican
- Meningoccal A, C, W, Y (Men A,C,W,Y) - 1 dose
- Meningoccal B (Men B) - 2 Doses
- Child Development Screening
Meningococcal infection is caused by the meningococcal disease of which early symptoms are not obvious. When bacteria invade the bloodstream (Meningococcaemia) or surround the brain and spinal cord lining (meningococcal meningitis), it can cause serious illness and even cause death. Meningococcal infection is not widespread, and therefore it is not included in children vaccines program. However, when there are outbreaks of diseases across China, it is recommended that if your children or relatives need frequent travel to the Mainland, they can consider this vaccine for protection.
Risk of infection
The risk of infection is higher among close contacts of patients with meningococcal infections. Certain patients with defective immune systems are also at higher risk. Other risk factors include antecedent viral infection, overcrowding, chronic illness, and active and passive smoking.
In general, the risk of acquiring meningococcal infection while travelling is low. However, in sub-Saharan Africa extending from Mali to Ethiopia, particularly in the savanna during the dry season (December to June), disease occurrence is higher, and there is additional risk for visitors who travel "rough" such as backpackers, and those who need to live or work with local people.
Injection time line:
Meningoccal B (Men B) - Bexsero
2 months: Total 4 doses, 3 doses at least 2 months apart; 1 booster at 2nd year of life
3 months to 5 months: Total 3 doses, 3 doses at least 2 months apart; 1 booster at 2nd year of life
6 months to 11 months: Total 2 doses, 2 dose at least 2 months apart; 1 booster at 2nd year of life
12 months to 23 months: Total 2 doses, 2 doses at least 2 months apart; 1 booster at least 12 months to 23 months between primary series and booster
2-year-old or above: Total 2 dose, 2 doses at least 1 months apart
Meningoccal A, C, W, Y - Nimerix
2 months to 11 months: 2 doses at least 2 months apart; 1 booster at 1st year of life
1-year-old or above: 1 dose
Precautions for children's vaccination
- Pay attention to the child's physical condition a few days before the injection. If you feel unwell or have a fever, you should arrange the next injection time.
- The vaccination record card should be brought to the center for vaccination.
- After the vaccine is injected, there may be redness, pain, and occasional symptoms such as fever, but these will recover within a few days, and parents need not worry too much. If the above phenomenon persists for several days, it is recommended to seek medical assistance.
- Pre-consultation and injection by Paediatrican
- Child Development Screening by Paediatrican
Please read the following Terms and Conditions for details of the services, and the preparation for checkup procedures.
A confirmation email will be sent to your e-mail address immediately after successful payment. Customers will be contacted within 1-2 working days for appointment arrangement. Customers can also make your appointment starting from the next working day. Please check in at the Central Reception at 11/F, International Medical Centre, 22 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong on the day of examination.
Child Health & Development Screening Programme:
- The redemption of Child Vaccination and Child Development Screening Programme will be valid for 3 months starting from the date of payment.
- Please follow the schedule of Child Development Screening Programme.
- A development screening record will be included in the Child Development Screening Programme.
- For the Child Development Screening Programme, each session will take around half an hour to one hour.
- Child Vaccination:
- The selection of brands of injectable vaccine or oral vaccine depends on the supply.
- Pay attention to your child's physical condition a few days before the injection. Please reschedule the injection if your child is sick or has a fever.
- Please bring along the vaccination record card to the centre for vaccination.
- Redness, pain and swelling are normal where the shot was given. Occasional symptoms such as fever will occur after the injection, but these symptoms will recover within a few days. If the condition persists, please seek medical assistance.
General Health Check
- For customers aged 10 or above
- Guidelines for customers aged 10 to 18 years old:
- For customers aged between 10 – 16 accompanied by parents / legal guardians
- Signing the consent form on site by the parent/guardian with the proof of identity.
- For customers aged between 10 – 16 without parents’ / legal guardians’ companion
- The customer must be accompanied by an adult over 18, presenting a signed consent form by parents / legal guardians.
- For customers aged between 16 – 18
- The customers can visit the centre by themselves, presenting a signed consent form by parents / legal guardians.
- Health Checkup Package is valid for 6 months. Check-up must be completed within 6 months from the date of purchase, otherwise it will be considered forfeit. Appointments should be made 1 month in advance.
(** Please refer to individual service plans for the validity period.)
- This check-up includes 4 views (If any).
- The cost of each additional view is HK$350 (maximum cost will be HK$700)
- Number of view(s) is subject to doctor’s diagnosis.
Preparation For Check-ups:
- Please avoid alcoholic drinks and maintain normal diet for three days before the examination.
- Helicobacter Pylori Breath Test – at least 4 hours fasting prior to the test is required.
- If your check-up program including items like blood glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides, and abdominal ultrasound, 8 hours fasting prior to the check-up is required.
- If you are currently using any medication(s) for chronic diseases like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and asthma, please bring along with your medicine on the day of check-up.
- Menstruation might affect the test results. For female customer who is having period, please reschedule your check-up to at least 5 days after your cycle.
- Female customer who is pregnant or suspected to be pregnant is not suitable for any imaging involved radiation or X-ray, and Treadmill exercise ECG.
- Please dress comfortably for the check-up. If you have scheduled for a Treadmill exercise ECG, please bring along or wear a pair of running shoes for the test. For any optional test you intend to add to your scheduled check-up, please check if any special preparation is required at the time when the appointment is made.
- Our doctor will explain the check-up results face to face or over the phone within 7 working days after check-up. Customers can collect the report at the centre or receive the report at business addresses according to the option selected in the “Consent Form – Medical Report Handling” by the customers.
* Disclaimer: health.ESDlife does not operate or provide the service above. health.ESDlife is irresponsible to any loss, injury or law action caused by using this plan. Any claims and inquiries should be addressed to International Medical Centre (Hong Kong) Limited.
In case of disputes, International Medical Centre and health.ESDlife reserve the right of the final decision.
International Medical Centre, 22 Des Voeux Road Central, Central, Hong Kong (Please check in at the Central Reception at 11/F)
Monday - Friday: 0900-1800
Sunday and Public Holiday: Closed