Meddx 84 Multi-Cancer Genetic Tests
> 50 years old
With a personal or family history of mixed cancers affecting multiple organ systems.
Present an abnormal values on cancer markers through blood tests
Planning to retired
Key Checkup Items:
Breast and gynecologic
- Breast and gynecologic (breast, ovarian, uterine)
- Genitourinary (renal/urinary tract, prostate)
- Brain/nervous system
- Gastrointestinal (colorectal, gastric, pancreatic)
- Endocrine (thyroid, paraganglioma/pheochromocytoma, parathyroid, pituitary)
- Skin (melanoma, basal cell carcinoma)
- Hematologic (myelodysplastic syndrome/leukemia)
84 Multi-Cancer Genetic Tests
- 5 ml blood
- Send to US laboratory
- ~ 3-4 weeks for reporting
- If the result is positive, you will be referred to a specialist consultation service once for free!
The Panel analyzes 84 genes associated with hereditary cancers across major organ systems, including:
- breast and gynecologic (breast, ovarian, uterine)
- gastrointestinal (colorectal, gastric, pancreatic)
- endocrine (thyroid, paraganglioma/pheochromocytoma, parathyroid, pituitary)
- genitourinary (renal/urinary tract, prostate)
- skin (melanoma, basal cell carcinoma)
- brain/nervous system
- hematologic (myelodysplastic syndrome/leukemia)
Test Panel List
Hereditary cancer risks and references (PDF here)
Education brochure (PDF here)
What is the test can tell you?
- Positive Result = Higher chance or risk to have late stage cancer
- Genetic Test can help to confirm the diagnosis by medical professionals and should help the treatment approach
- The test is designed for heritable germline mutations，but not applied to somatic mutations in tumor tissue
The most common hereditary cancers
BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes accounts for most cases in individuals with a strong family history or early onset diagnosis.
Lynch syndrome and hereditary breast and ovarian cancer syndrome (HBOC) are the most common causes of ovarian cancer.
Lynch syndrome is the most common inherited cause of uterine cancer.
Hereditary colorectal cancer syndromes are generally divided into two types: Lynch syndrome and polyposis syndromes. Lynch syndrome, also called hereditary non-polyposis colon cancer (HNPCC), is caused by pathogenic variants in EPCAM, MLH1, MSH2, MSH6 and PMS2 and is the most common inherited cause of colorectal cancer.
One cause of hereditary gastric cancer is a pathogenic variant in CDH1, which causes hereditary diffuse gastric cancer syndrome. However, there are a number of other genes in which pathogenic variants increase the risk of gastric tumors. Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) are characterized as sarcomas and are rare tumors of the GI tract that account for 1%–3% of all gastric cancers.
There are two main types of pancreatic cancer: cancer of the exonic pancreas (pancreatic adenocarcinoma), which accounts for 95% of pancreatic tumors, and pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Hereditary pancreatic cancer can be caused by BRCA2 and CDKN2A, as well as by several other genes.
Hereditary cancers of the kidneys and urinary tract are often characterized by earlier disease onset and multifocal or bilateral tumors. Hereditary urinary tract cancers may also be syndromic and associated with other non-urinary features.
Approximately 5%–10% of cases are hereditary.
While the number of individuals who have an inherited risk of melanoma is unknown, it is thought to be low, and approximately 1%–2% of people with melanoma have two or more affected close relatives.
Medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) is a relatively uncommon type of thyroid malignancy and is more strongly associated with hereditary cancer syndromes.The familial form of MTC accounts for 20%–25% of cases and is usually a component of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2), including subtypes MEN2A and MEN2B, or presents as familial MTC (FMTC) syndrome.
Important notes: please read the term and condition carefully, before making the
reservation, thank you.
Term and Condition
- The plan will be valid for 3 months starting from the date of payment.
- The Allergy Test report would be issued around 15-20 working days normally after the check-up.
- Report should collect by email or in person at Meddx Centre for result.
- Amendment or cancellation is not allowed once the payment is confirmed, and is not transferable nor refundable.
- In case of disputes, the decision of Meddx shall be final.
- All tests are not for the purpose of medical diagnosis or treatment.
Disclaimer: health.ESDlife does not operate or provide the service above. health.ESDlife is irresponsible to any loss, injury or law action caused by using this plan. Any claims and inquiries should be addressed to KingMed Diagnostics (Hong Kong) Limited.