Allergies are one of the many illnesses that have caused prolonged inconveniences in many people’s lives. It is triggered when the body has a hypersensitive reaction to harmless substances in the environment. Often times, reactions such as rashes, asthma and rhinitis would occur as a consequence of being in contact with eggs, peanuts, dust mites etc. If you want to find the causes of your allergic response, we highly recommend you to take an allergy test as soon as possible!
There are a lot of clinics out there that offer allergy tests, but which one is the best? Please consider our analyses below!
There are a lot of allergy tests such as blood, skin prick and skin patch tests. Among the many options out there, doctors often recommend blood examination because only that, can determine:
(i) if your allergic autoimmune responses are immediate or delayed
(ii) the origin of your hypersensitive reactions.
There are two types of blood tests: IgE and IgG. The Hong Kong Allergy Association interviewed an allergy and clinical immunology specialist, Adrian Wu. During the dialogue, he expressed a lack of confidence in the results produced by the IgG tests and suggested that IgE is instead, very much preferred and used in the medical field.
Small amounts of blood will be extracted for the IgE blood test. The amount of IgE in the blood samples will be monitored when it comes in contact with a potential allergic substance.
We have found many reputable IgE blood test plans! Feel free to take a look!
|Common Dietary Allergen Profile for Children||Faber IgE blood test (molecular level by nanotechnology)||Fast Check IgE Allergy Blood Test||Fastcheck PRO20||Food Allergy Profile||Environmental Allergy Profile||Faber Allergy Blood Test|
|Allergy test centre||Human Health||MedDx Allergy||MedDx Allergy||Hello Kitty
|KingMed||KingMed||Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital|
|Allergy test price||$1,580||$6,000||$2,500||$2,800||$1,680||$1,680||$9,500|
|Location(s)||Mongkok||Wan Chai||Wan Chai||Tsim Sha Tsui||Tsim Sha Tsui, Mongkok and 4 other locations!||Happy Valley|
|No. of check-up items||15||150||36||36||39||32||150|
|Allergy test centre's specialty||Suitable for children under 3||The most advanced medical instrument||A prick test will be used (replaced the traditional method of blood extraction)||A prick test will be used (replaced the traditional method of blood extraction)||Suitable for all ages and any individuals who want to know the cause of their allergic reaction(s).||Suitable for all ages and any individuals who want to know the cause of their allergic reaction(s).||/|
⇓⇓⇓ Want to know more about allergy tests? ⇓⇓⇓
- Specialty: Suitable for any children above the age of 3. The doctors will explain the medical results and can provide referral(s) if needed.
- 15 types of allergy tests
- Allergy test price: $1580
- Specialty: The clinic uses the most advanced medical instruments and can test for greater potential allergies. Especially suitable for individuals suffering from eczema and children at the age of 3 and above.
- 150+ types of allergy test
- Allergy test price: $6000
- Specialty: Will not use the traditional method of blood extraction. Instead, a prick test will be conducted. Note: Children below the age of 2 will get pricked on his/her foot instead.
- 36 types of allergy tests
- Allergy test price: $2500
- Specialty: Does not require blood to be drawn. Instead, a few drops of blood can be taken by pricking the finger (or the foot, in the case of a child below 2) with a small needle.
- 36 different types of allergy test
- Allergy test price: $2800
- Specialty: Suitable for any ages and especially those who have food allergies. Free blood lipid test will be provided (cholesterol test) .
- 39 types of allergy tests
- Allergy test price: $1680
- Specialty: Suitable for all ages and especially those who have food allergies. Free blood lipid test will be provided (cholesterol test)
- 32 types of allergy tests
- Allergy test price: $1680
- 150 types of allergy tests
- Allergy test price: $9500
<< Swipe left or right for more details >>
|Allergy test plans||Price|
MedDx Allergy- Faber (IgE) blood test (molecular level by nanotechnology)
MedDx Allergy- Fast Check IgE Allergy Blood Test
Hello Kitty Health Centre- Fastcheck PRO20
KingMed Diagnostic- Food Allergy Profile
King Med Diagnostic- Environmental Allergy Profile
Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital- Faber test
If you would like to learn more about the various allergy test plans, you can compare and select the one that best suits your needs.