HK Asia Heart Centre Ambulatory Electrocardiography
Recommended for 16 years old or above
Key Checkup Items:
Ambulatory electrocardiography, Resting ECG, Lipids,Diabetes, Blood Pressure
Free items: ABI (Ankle Brachial Index)
Cardiac Check upHighlight
3 Days CardioScan
Basic Health Assessment
Body Mass Index
Total cholesterol with HDL cholesterol ratio
Fasting Blood Glucose
Glycosylated haemoglobin, Hb A1c - DCCT
Report explanation -by Cardiologist
24 hours Ambulatory Blood Pressure MonitoringAmbulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM) measures blood pressure at regular intervals. This is a small moniter, about the size of a portable radio that records your blood pressure every 15 to 60 minutes. The information collected can help you and your doctor to assess your blood pressure''s situation.17% off
Echocardiogram - 2DEchocardiography is an investigation that uses sound waves to produce live images of your heart. The image is an echocardiogram. This test helps doctors to assess your heart structure,such as chamber size and the heart valves; evaluate your heart function, such as valves stenosis, congenital heart defects or atrial tumors and assess the pericardial status.19% off
Through nutrition assessment and counselling, the registered dietitian provides safe and achievable dietary recommendations and meal plans that are individualized to meet the needs and interests of each client.15% off
Exercise treadmill is an investigation to assess how your heart, lungs and blood vessels respond to increasing workload and exercise. It is currently most frequently used to estimate prognosis and determine functional capacity, to assess the probability and extent of coronary disease, and to assess the effect of therapy.17% off
【Free items: ABI (Ankle Brachial Index)】
The ankle-brachial index test is an effective and noninvasive way to check for peripheral artery disease (PAD). It compares the blood pressure measured at your ankle with the blood pressure measured at your arm. A low ankle-brachial index number can indicate narrowing or blockage of the arteries in your legs.
HK Asia Heart Centre Ambulatory Electrocardiography
Ambulatory electrocardiography (AECG) is a portable recorder that registers the electrocardiogram (ECG) continuously during a prolonged period, usually for 24 hours. It allows diagnosis of transient disturbances of cardiac rhythm and conduction. AECG can be used to assess symptoms suggestive of underlying cardiac rhythm disturbance, including unexplained recurrent palpitations, unexplained syncope, near syncope, or episodic dizziness where the cause is not obvious.
Aims of the investigation
- To assess your heart activity
- To assess any significant arrhythmia
- To assess the effectiveness of prescribed medication.
- To monitor the function of pacemaker if patient has any.
Preparation before investigation
- You are advised to take a shower before the investigation. Please do not apply any body cream or powder.
- Please wear loose blouse and underwear. One piece dress or any tight clothing should be avoided.
- Deposit may be required for out-patient.
- Under most circumstances, the procedure will take 10-20 minutes, hospital admission is not required.
- Please return to the centre after the 24-hour period (or any other time agreed with your doctor) to have the device removed.
- You are required to wear a battery-operated AECG machine at your waist area.
- The machine will record your heart rate and heart activities, it will have electrode stickers attached to your chest area.
- You may not be able to take shower or splash any water over some machine, to avoid dislodgement of any electrode stickers.
- Please continue your daily activities or work, but avoid vigorous movement or heavy lifting.
- Avoid other investigations such as X-rays, CT or MRI.
- Avoid any magnetic devices or furniture.
- Avoid scratching your body even if you feel itchy.
- Unless instructed by the nurse, please do not touch or remove any parts of the machine or remove the electrode stickers.
- Please do not remove the machine from its pocket.
- After the removal of the electrode stickers, do not scratch hard for it may damage your skin.
- If you have any problems, please contact our staffs on Tel: 3189 7011
Hong Kong Asia Heart Centre Terms and Conditions:
- The order confirmation email will be sent to customer email address immediately upon payment completion by Health.ESDlife. Health Check centre will contact customers within 1-2 working days right after payment completion. Customers also can make an appointment in the next working day by calling health check centre - HK Asia Heart Centre at 3189 7011.
- Health check service will be valid for 6 months starting from the date of payment. Appointment booking need to be made 1 week in advance.
- Health check service is applicable to customer aged 16 or above.
For customer who is aged 16-18 years old, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. In the meantime, customer need produce a valid identity card / documents for registration.
- Amendment or cancellation is not allowed once the payment is confirmed, and is not transferable and refundable.
- In case of disputes, the decision of health.ESDlife shall be final.
- All tests are not for the purpose of medical diagnosis or treatment.
Under normal circumstances, all medical reports will be ready around 5 hours after the checkup(Only available on Monday - Friday).
Local / Oversea customers (Choose one)
1. Face to Face Explanation
2. Explanation on phone & obtain report by post
a. Hong Kong by SF express $50 postage
b. Mainland China, Macau
- Customers can get one free call or face to face report explanation. An additional fee of $230 for extra report explanation section on request.
- All medical records will be destroyed after 3 months. Please note an administration fee may be charged $150 for additional copies. We make no warranties regarding completeness of report copies.
- Customers are responsible for the risk of mailing a report.
- All tests are not for the purpose of medical diagnosis or treatment. If patients require a letter of referral from a doctor, we're entitled to charge $230 for this service.
- All health check/health screening services are not for the purpose of medical diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. When there is any sign of symptom/disease in your health, please consult Doctor immediately for diagnosis and treatment.
- The Merchant is the service provider of this Service/Product. ESD Services Limited (“Health.ESDlife”) is not the service provider of this Service/Product. Health.ESDlife is irresponsible to any loss, injury or law action caused by using this service/product. Any claims and inquiries should be addressed to the respective Merchant.