Health of Digestive System
Maria’s Swedish Bitters provides many of the traditional herbs that were so important in generations past
Free delivery service will be provided upon transaction amount of Udo's Choice，Salus，Flora，Dr Dunner or BaliSun products of HK$500.
Why We Need Bitters?
Our ancestors consumed a diet that included bitter herbs, roots and vegetables, which helped them maintain efficient digestive systems. Poor digestion, so common now, was foreign to them.
Despite having four different taste buds on the surface of our tongues to discern taste (sour, sweet, salty and bitter), we rarely eat bitter foods as the typical modern diet is overloaded with sweet and salty flavours. Yet bitters play an important role in digestion as they stimulate bile production to break down the fats we consume.
Maria’s Swedish Bitters provides many of the traditional herbs that were so important in generations past. Austrian herbalist Maria Treben provided the basis for this formula in the 1940s when she was given an old recipe for bitters while she was ill at a refugee camp. Regaining her health, she revived the centuries-old formula and devoted her life to promoting this stimulating bitter tonic.
Once an integral part of European folk medicine, the original bitters recipe dates back to the 16th century, when it was created by the famous Swiss physician Paracelsus. It wasn’t until 1850, when Dr. Claus Samst of Sweden refined, researched and confirmed its benefits that it was given the name “Swedish Bitters.”
Dr. Samst was a zealous believer in the potion and consumed it himself for much of his long life. He died at the age of 104 – in a horse riding accident! The amazing story of this formula is told in Maria Treben’s best-selling book, Health Through God’s Pharmacy.
Maria’s Swedish Bitters represents the essence of Flora’s skill, knowledge and experience in producing the finest quality herbal bitters. Only premium ingredients have been selected to achieve the highest quality and potency. They are ideal to use before meals to stimulate digestion, or after meals to lessen feelings of fullness or gas.
- Contains angelica root, zedoary root, aloe leaf, manna sap, rhubarb root, senna leaf, myrrh resin, carline thistle root, camphor wood, valerian root, cinnamon bark, cardamom seed and saffron flower
- Made with only premium quality and tested herbal ingredients
- Free of additives
- Packaged in environmentally friendly amber glass bottles
- A well established, time-proven formula
- Also available in a base of 39.4% grain alcohol
- Use before meals to stimulate the stomach and help improve digestion
- Use after meals to lessen feelings of fullness or gas
- Extract provides the bitter leaves and roots generally lacking in the average diet
- Bitters stimulate the production of bile to help digest fatty foods
- Promotes regularity
- Eases hyperacidity
Why CHOOSE us
Flora has evolved into one of North America's premier natural health products companies. The U.S. and Canadian production plants include sophisticated semi-automatic and fully automatic equipment for processing quality herbal teas and liquid tonics, encapsulating herbal extracts and cold-pressing certified organic seeds into health-benefitting oils. Flora's ongoing research and development has resulted in a number of production methods which are the finest in the world.
All of Flora's products are manufactured in accordance with GMP standards and the facilities and manufacturing procedures are in compliance with all regulatory agencies in Canada and the United States, including Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In addition, Flora is a certified organic producer and processor overseen by the third-party certifying agency, Quality Assurance International, (QAI). This means that the organic herbal remedies prepared and distributed by Flora are guaranteed top quality and chemical free, right from the seed that is planted to the harvest and from the post-harvest facilities to the final production and packing.
Thomas Greither is dedicated to preserving the environment and in utilizing production and packaging practices that are ecologically sound, including vegetarian capsules for all the dry herbal extracts and environmentally friendly amber glass bottles for the herbal tonics and organic oils.
Flora has been honoured with numerous awards and continually strives to remain a leader in the field of natural health by remaining committed to its mandate of offering only supreme quality formulas.
Terms and Conditions
1. There is no refund for all goods sold.
2. Free delivery is available at HK $ 500 or above, otherwise HK $ 30 will be charged. If shipment cannot be successfully delivered because customer was not there to receive and need another arrangement, further delivery charges will be borne by the customer.
3. In case there is not enough stock, ESDlife will contact the customer for special arrangement of the order.
4. Discount / or special items cannot be used with other promotional offers at the same time.
5. If in case of any dispute, Jireh International Health Limited and ESD Services Ltd. reserve the right of final decision.
1. We deliver to all Hong Kong addresses.
2. Currently we only deliver by SF Express, Yamato Logistics (HK) Ltd and or U.C. (Asia) Services Ltd.
3. We will arrange the shipment within 3 working days after the order is confirmed.
4. After delivery, we will send the tracking number via email so that customer can track the shipment.
5. Please note that the delivery time will be affected by statutory holidays, natural disasters, traffic or the weather. (e.g., Christmas, New Year and Easter, Typhoon Signal No. 8 or Black Rainstorm Warning) We are not binding and are not liable for any damages arising from delays.
We offer products with minimum of 6 months expiry commencing on the date of delivery.
1. It is the responsibility of the customer to check whether the goods are damaged or missing immediately after the shipment was received.
2. Customer should contact the ESDlife customer service for any discrepancy within 2 working days after delivery.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / ESDlife customer service hotline: (852) 3151-2288
3. The product is only subject to replacement once, and can only be replaced by products with equal or higher amount. Customer would have to pay the difference in price if there is any.
4. Jireh International Health Limited reserves the right to finalize these Terms and Conditions.
This Privacy Notice describes how Jireh International Health Ltd and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively " Jireh International Health Ltd") collects, processes, uses, discloses, and secures information through its mobile app (the "App") and its websites. Please read the privacy notice here.
Select Checkup Category