Health Gene Breast Cancer Screening Plan
- Recommended for female age 18 or above.
- A personal history of cancer diagnosed before age 50.
- One or more relatives with a history of cancer, especially breast, ovarian, prostate or pancreatic cancer.
- A relative with a known BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation.
- Family history of hereditary disease.
Key Checkup Items:
- Breast Ultrasound (Both Sides) ( Performed by female sonographer or female radiologist), BRCA 1 & 2 Gene Test, Cancer Antigen 15.3 (CA15.3)
Ultrasound Breasts (Bilateral)
Breasts and Pelvic Examination
BRCA 1 & 2 Gene Test
Report Explanation by Clinical Staff via Phone
Breast cancer is the most common cancer and the third leading cause of cancer deaths among women in Hong Kong. You should have regular checks on your breasts for any warning signs and symptoms.
A one-stop service is provided by our professional female medical team.
Breast cancer is the most common cancer and the third leading cause of cancer deaths among women in Hong Kong. Genetic testing and cancer marker, together with breast ultrasound, can detect potential breast cancer. The earlier detection of genetic mutations can avoid delays in treatment, the higher the chance of cancer being cured.
The BRCA gene test is a blood test for determining if you have BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations in your DNA that will increase the risk of breast, ovarian, and other related cancers.
The risk of developing breast cancer with BRCA mutations in a woman lifetime is 45% to 75%. Lifetime risk of developing ovarian cancer for BRCA1 / BRCA2 gene mutations is 10% to 40%. A recent study shows
BRCA mutation also increases colorectal cancer by fivefold for women.
Cancer Antigen 15.3 (CA15.3) is a protein made by a variety of cells, particularly breast cancer cells. The protein moves into the blood, where it can be measured.
CA15.3 levels are higher than normal in most women with breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body. It is used to check how breast cancer treatment is working and look for cancer that has come back, or recurred, after treatment.
CA15.3 should be tested in conjunction with other items to obtain more conclusive results.
Breast ultrasound ( Performed by female sonographer or female radiologist), allows doctors to examine the location, size and nature of breast lumps, and is especially good at distinguishing whether the tissue is a malignant tumor or a benign cyst, breast hyperplasia, fibroid, etc.
Health Gene Limited Terms and Conditions:
- The confirmation email will be sent to your e-mail address immediately after successful payment. Customers will be informed within 1-2 working days (Ultrasound is only available on Tuesday and Friday). Customers also can query your transaction in the next working days. General Enquiry Hotmail: 2736 6228.
- For customers aged 10 or above
Guidelines (patients under 18 years old)
A. Between ages 10 – 16
(1) Accompanied by a parent/ legal guardian
Signed parent/ guardian consent form, and proof of identity.
(2) Without parent/ legal guardian present
A Signed consent form from parent/ legal guardian and must be accompanied by an adult over 18.
B. Between ages 16 – 18
If neither parent is accompanying the youth, participants must carry a signed consent form from parent/ legal guardian.
- Health Checkup Package with 1 year validity. Registration must be completed within 1 year. Reservations are taken one month in advance. Invalid exceeds the period.
- Under normal circumstances, all medical reports will be ready around 12 working days (excluding Saturday, Sunday and public holiday). A delay in processing some requests due to the following reasons: 1. indicate the specific selective 2. Some items take more time for test
A. Local / Oversea customers:
(1) Face to Face Explanation
(2) Call report (Self-pickup)
(3) Call report & (*Post)
a. Hong Kong
- Local mail $15; Registration$30
b. Mainland China, Macau
- $50 post fee
- $100 post fee
B. Mainland customers (Choose one)
(1) Face to Face Explanation
(2) *Courier (SF Express)
- Customers can get one free call or face to face explanation. Otherwise, customers would be charged an additional fee of $200.
- All medical records will be destroyed after 3 months. Please note an administration fee may be charged $100 for additional copies. We make no warranties regarding completeness of report copies.
- If they choose mailing report, then they do so at their own risk.
- All tests are not for the purpose of medical diagnosis or treatment.
- All health check/health screening services are not for the purpose of medical diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. When there is any sign of symptom/disease in your health, please consult Doctor immediately for diagnosis and treatment.
- The Merchant is the service provider of this Service/Product. ESD Services Limited (“Health.ESDlife”) is not the service provider of this Service/Product. Health.ESDlife is irresponsible to any loss, injury or law action caused by using this service/product. Any claims and inquiries should be addressed to the respective Merchant.