This checkup plan must be redeem on or before 31 Oct 2020.
- 2D Mammogram (for women aged above 40) or ABUS (for women aged below 40)
- Pre and post-consultations after the assessment.
- This checkup includes 4 standard views.
- The cost of each additional view is HK$350 (maximum cost will be HK$700)
- Number of view(s) is subject to doctor’s diagnosis.
Breast cancer is one of the most common cancer among women in Hong Kong. If early breast cancer is found at an early stage or even before cancer cells spread, it can significantly improve the survival rate. Whenever women notice any breast discomfort, they are often worried about breast cancer. Mammography is the best way to determine whether a woman has breast cancer.
A. 2D Mammogram (for women aged above 40)
Mammogram employs low dose high resolution X-Ray for breast imaging. This is an internationally accepted screening method for early breast cancer detection.
B. ABUS (for women aged below 40)
Generally, women under the age of 40 have higher breast density and their X-ray film images may not be obvious. Automated Breast Ultrasound System (ABUS) can make up for the drawbacks of mammography. ABUS can accurately detect tumors, especially the small and hard-to-observe lumps that have soft tissue and with no calcification.
GE Invenia™ ABUS — the only breast cancer screening technology FDA-approved for detection in women with dense breast tissue.
GE InveniaTM ABUS breast cancer screening is specifically developed to help doctors find cancers hidden in dense breast tissue, which may be missed by mammography.
The Reverse-Curve™ transducer enhances both patient comfort and breast coverage during the exam. The 15 cm ultra-broadband, wide field-of-view transducer automatically creates uniform compression across the entire breast for consistent, reproducible image quality independent of the operator. The convergent scan line geometry minimizes beam refraction. The result is deep penetration, sharp focus, resolution at depth and enhanced anatomical detail of complex breast tissue and structures.
- Please read the following Terms and Conditions for more information about the services and preparation for health examination procedures
- Please do not apply deodorant, perfumes, talcum powder or lotion on your underarm or your breast on the day of the examination
- No fasting is required but if you feel that caffeinated products make your breasts feel tender, you may avoid in a few days before the examination
- You may find it more comfortable to have a mammogram examination 1 to 2 weeks after your period when your breasts tend to be less tender
- Bring your previous films and report for reference
- Please inform our staff with confirmed or suspected pregnancy
- The report can be collected within 7 working days; customer will receive a Chinese & English message to receive the report, contact number of report booking: 2878 2988
Please read the following Terms and Conditions for details of the services, and the preparation for checkup procedures.
A confirmation email will be sent to your e-mail address immediately after successful payment. Customers will be contacted within 1-2 working days for appointment arrangement. Customers can also make your appointment starting from the next working day. Please check in at the Central Reception at 11/F, International Medical Centre, 22 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong on the day of examination.
Child Health & Development Screening Programme:
- The redemption of Child Vaccination and Child Development Screening Programme will be valid for 3 months starting from the date of payment.
- Please follow the schedule of Child Development Screening Programme.
- A development screening record will be included in the Child Development Screening Programme.
- For the Child Development Screening Programme, each session will take around half an hour to one hour.
- Child Vaccination:
- The selection of brands of injectable vaccine or oral vaccine depends on the supply.
- Pay attention to your child's physical condition a few days before the injection. Please reschedule the injection if your child is sick or has a fever.
- Please bring along the vaccination record card to the centre for vaccination.
- Redness, pain and swelling are normal where the shot was given. Occasional symptoms such as fever will occur after the injection, but these symptoms will recover within a few days. If the condition persists, please seek medical assistance.
General Health Check
- For customers aged 10 or above
- Guidelines for customers aged 10 to 18 years old:
- For customers aged between 10 – 16 accompanied by parents / legal guardians
- Signing the consent form on site by the parent/guardian with the proof of identity.
- For customers aged between 10 – 16 without parents’ / legal guardians’ companion
- The customer must be accompanied by an adult over 18, presenting a signed consent form by parents / legal guardians.
- For customers aged between 16 – 18
- The customers can visit the centre by themselves, presenting a signed consent form by parents / legal guardians.
- Health Checkup Package is valid for 6 months. Check-up must be completed within 6 months from the date of purchase, otherwise it will be considered forfeit. Appointments should be made 1 month in advance.
(** Please refer to individual service plans for the validity period.)
Preparation For Check-ups:
- Please avoid alcoholic drinks and maintain normal diet for three days before the examination.
- Helicobacter Pylori Breath Test – at least 4 hours fasting prior to the test is required.
- If your check-up program including items like blood glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides, and abdominal ultrasound, 8 hours fasting prior to the check-up is required.
- If you are currently using any medication(s) for chronic diseases like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and asthma, please bring along with your medicine on the day of check-up.
- Menstruation might affect the test results. For female customer who is having period, please reschedule your check-up to at least 5 days after your cycle.
- Female customer who is pregnant or suspected to be pregnant is not suitable for any imaging involved radiation or X-ray, and Treadmill exercise ECG.
- Please dress comfortably for the check-up. If you have scheduled for a Treadmill exercise ECG, please bring along or wear a pair of running shoes for the test. For any optional test you intend to add to your scheduled check-up, please check if any special preparation is required at the time when the appointment is made.
- Our doctor will explain the check-up results face to face or over the phone within 7 working days after check-up. Customers can collect the report at the centre or receive the report at business addresses according to the option selected in the “Consent Form – Medical Report Handling” by the customers.
* Disclaimer: health.ESDlife does not operate or provide the service above. health.ESDlife is irresponsible to any loss, injury or law action caused by using this plan. Any claims and inquiries should be addressed to International Medical Centre (Hong Kong) Limited.
In case of disputes, International Medical Centre and health.ESDlife reserve the right of the final decision.
International Medical Centre, 22 Des Voeux Road Central, Central, Hong Kong (Please check in at the Central Reception at 11/F)
Monday - Friday: 0900-1800
Sunday and Public Holiday: Closed