Carrie Women Super Valued Herpes Zoster Vaccination
Recommended for 50 years old or above female
Female adults who have had chickenpox are also recommended for vaccination
Vaccination of Herpes Zoster Vaccine
- Herpes Zoster Vaccine
Recommended for female aged 50 or above. Female adults who have had chickenpox are also recommended for vaccination. The plan includes Herpes Zoster vaccination (Zostavax, 1 dose).
The plan includes Herpes Zoster vaccination (Zostavax, 1 dose).
Herpes Zoster is caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox. After chickenpox sores heal, the virus lies dormant in your nerves and may later reactivate as Zoster. Zoster in early stage is very often misunderstood with general skin disorder as only a few blisters appear on the skin. Therefore patients could have missed the best treatment time if Zoster is not diagnosed early. The pain associated with Zoster could last for years. And if the virus attacks the eyes, it could result in inflammation of the nerves of human face or even lost in eyesight.
Immune function will decline with age. Therefore, the risk for Zoster increases substantially after age 50, although the virus does not only attack older adults. Studies show 95% of adults are at risk for Zoster. Having Zoster does not guarantee immunity from recurrence. Adults who have had chickenpox are therefore recommended for the vaccination.
Zostavax is the first vaccine to help prevent Zoster and its associated pain (acute and chronic) and PHN. It has been registered in 62 countries in the world.
Who are not recommended for vaccination?
- Those who are allergic to gelatin, neomycin, or any component of the vaccine
- Those who are in primary and acquired immunodeficiency states or on immunosuppressive therapy (including high-dose corticosteroids)
- Those with active untreated tuberculosis
- Pregnant women
Important Notes about Zoster Vaccine:
- This transaction is subject to the approval by doctor for the suitability of vaccine injection. Customers are required to sign a consent form before the vaccination. The vaccine will only be administered upon doctor’s approval. Should the vaccination be considered unsuitable by doctor, the customer shall be entitled a full refund. For arrangement of full refund, the customer shall contact health.ESDlife directly.
- A doctor consultation fee will be charged if customers require further consultation.
- Postponing the injection is recommended if you currently have fever or taking antibiotics.
- Common side effects associated with Zoster vaccine include redness, pain and tenderness, swelling at the site of injection of the vaccine and headache.
- The Zoster vaccine is not a treatment for Zoster. People who currently have Zoster should not get vaccinated.
- Please read the following Terms and Conditions for more information about the services and preparation for health examination procedures.
Carrie Women's Health Center - Terms and Conditions on Health Check Services and/or Vaccination Services:
- After receiving confirmation email from health.ESDlife, Carrie Women (the Clinic) will call the Customer within two working days to schedule the appointment, and arrange the related health check-up and/or vaccination service(s) to be performed at least 7 working days after appointment confirmation. Customers may also call our hotline for appointment after receiving the confirmation email (Tel: 2375 3338).
* Disclaimer: health.ESDlife does not operate or provide the service above. health.ESDlife is irresponsible to any loss, injury or law action caused by using this plan. Any claims and inquiries should be addressed to Carrie Women's Health Center.
- Carrie Women provides the following timeslots for customers to perform Health Check Services and/or Vaccination Services:
Tsim Sha Tsui Clinic
Unit 1212, Ocean Centre, Harbour City, Canton Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Monday – Friday: 9:00a.m. – 1:00p.m.; 2:30 – 7:00p.m.
Saturday: 9:00a.m. – 2:00p.m.
Sunday and Public Holiday: Closed
- Health Check Services and/or Vaccination Services are suitable for all to purchase (For those who are under 18 and would like to perform Health Check Services and/or vaccination, they must be accompanied by their parent(s) and sign the vaccination consent form).
- The Health Check Services and/or Vaccination Services are valid for six months from the date of purchase. After which, the confirmation letter will be deemed invalid.
- No refund is allowed once the Order has been confirmed.
- The offer cannot be redeemed for cash or used in conjunction with other promotions, discount coupons and cash vouchers.
- All Health Check Services and/or Vaccination Services are not intended for medical diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
- The following terms and conditions are applicable to individual product:
* General Health Check-up and/or STD Check-up Plans
- Carrie Women will provide the Customer for report explanation within 7 to 10 working days after the Customer has her purchased service(s) performed. The Customer can collect the report via email or visiting the Clinic in person. If necessary, customers may make a doctor appointment for report explanation (an additional doctor consultation fee will be charged, medication is not included in the consultation fee).
* Cancer and Female Health Check-up:
- Carrie Women will provide the Customer for report explanation within 4 to 7 working days after the Customer has her purchased service(s) performed. The Customer can collect the report via email or visiting the Clinic in person. If necessary, Customer may make a doctor appointment for report explanation (an additional doctor consultation fee will be charged, medication is not included in the consultation fee).
* Herpes Zoster Vaccination Plan
- The vaccination assessment and injection process are handled by registered male doctor. Customers are required to sign a consent form before the vaccination. A doctor consultation fee will be charged if customers require further consultation.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of health.ESDlife and Carrie Women should be final.