The Hong Kong Minimally Invasive Brain Spine Neurosurgery Centre Stroke Screening: Brain (MRI), Brain and Neck (MRA)
- Recommended for 18 years old or above
Key Checkup Items:
- Brain MRI & Brain, Neck MRA
- Consultation by Neurosurgery
- MRA Neck
- MRA Brain
- Specialist in Neurosurgery
- Report explained by Neurosurgery
What's is MRI
Magnetic resonance Imaging (MRI) is a non-invasive, powerful and painless scan that uses both the magnetic field and radio waves to provide detailed images of the body from any angle. The images provided would give doctors insight into finding out cancer or any abnormality condition of the Body.
Stroke Risk Screening
Stroke is formed as a result of cerebral vascular deficits, its incidence increases exponentially from 30 years of age. In fact, the signs of stroke are traceable through risk screening, in which we can identify the health status of the cerebral vessels, intervention can be taken to lower the risk of strokes.
Stroke Risk Screening
* If it is considered as inapproriate to have MRI/MRA checking or any cancel order raised by customer, HK$2000 will be charged for Dr Consultation. The remaining amount shall be returned. health.ESDlife and The Hong Kong Minimally Invasive Brain Spine Neurosurgery Centre have sole discretion to make the final decision.
Most radiologists agree that MRI is the best diagnostic tool for evaluation of the Central Nervous System (brain and spinal tumor). In patients suffering from stroke, Diffusion Weighted Scan permits almost immediate visualization of the part of the brain that is not getting adequate blood flow, and allows faster treatment to prevent permanent cell death.
The SIGNA Voyager – State of the Art 1.5T wide-bore MRI, provides the most comfortable, swift and quiet experience for users. GE’s proprietary SilentScan technology dramatically reduces scanning noise and includes a Silent Neuro Package with Diffusion Weighted Imaging (DWI), which delivers a completely silent neuro exam, and expanded spine and musculoskeletal imaging. The wide and low Comfort Plus table and open 70cm design allows patients to rest freely while affording easy access and a comfortable scanning experience.
Preparation for your MRI starts at home with the following few points to keep in mind:
- Eye make-up may be ferromagnetic and should be avoided on the day of examination.
- If you are having an abdominal or pelvic scan, please keep fast for a minimum of 2-4 hours prior to your scheduled examination.
- If you are having an MRCP scan, please keep fast for a minimum of 2-4 hours prior to your scheduled examination.
- Please bring along any previous films, discs or reports (if any) for reference.
For your own safety, it is advised that you inform us before the scan if you:
- Have cardiac pacemaker, cochlear implants or prosthetic heart valves.
- Have intravascular coils, filters or stents.
- Have automated insulin pumps or internal shunts.
- Have surgical clips, orthopaedic devices (e.g. screws, plates, wires) or any foreign metallic objects inside your body.
- Have intrauterine contraceptive devices (IUCD), dentures or hearing aids.
- Have been hurt by metallic foreign objects or bullets (especially to your eyes) or engaged in hardware/metal industry.
- Have tattoos, permanent eye-lining or medicated patches.
- Have allergic history to gadolinium.
- Have impaired kidney function.
- Have claustrophobia.
- Are pregnant.
- Are wearing eye make-up, coloured or cosmetic contact lenses.
The Hong Kong Minimally Invasive Brain Spine Neurosurgery Centre - Health Check Package:
- The Hong Kong Minimally Invasive Brain Spine Neurosurgery Centre will contact the customer within 2 working days after successful payment. Client also can contact contact The Hong Kong Minimally Invasive Brain Spine Neurosurgery CentreMeidcal as the following: 2367 6116
- Customers must present their identity cards and order confirmation letter (hard copy) on the appointment day
- The plan will be valid for 6 months starting from the date of payment.
- Checkup report usually takes about 5 working days to process the inspection report. Working days do not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- Amendment or cancellation is not allowed once the payment is confirmed, and is not transferable and refundable.
- All health check/health screening services are not for the purpose of medical diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. When there is any sign of symptom/disease in your health, please consult Doctor immediately for diagnosis and treatment.
- The Merchant is the service provider of this Service/Product. ESD Services Limited (“Health.ESDlife”) is not the service provider of this Service/Product. Health.ESDlife is irresponsible to any loss, injury or law action caused by using this service/product. Any claims and inquiries should be addressed to the respective Merchant.